There are a number of controversies related to GoDaddy in the past few years. There is great level of criticism regarding sexual elements showed in advertisements for endorsing the services of the company. During 2011 SOPA and GoDaddy stood with each other, GoDaddy supported SOPA. The support showed that the company was against freedom of speed and using internet freely. This article will give a brief comparison of GoDaddy and Hostgator but let’s take a look at what web hosting is all about.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting refers to services which company offer to its customers in setting up website and internet connection. Websites are registered on internet along with specific space allotted to it. When a business hosts its own website, it will have to do the same in similar steps, but you will have to pay high price. With the help of web hosting company, companies will get fast internet connectivity by paying less price.
HostGator or GoDaddy – Which is better?
Before making any final decision, let’s take a look on the needs of market research which is used in analyzing various elements. The company which you choose provide you with perfect services in order to meet the website’s needs.
For helping customers so that they end up in making the right decision about web hosting service, a comparison is given between GoDaddy and Hostgator, on the basis of certain elements like price, performance etc.
- Performance: 99.99% uptime is provided by both Hostgator and GoDaddy every month. Hostgator uses Linux x86 CentOS as operating system with Dual Xeon, 2.26 GHz Quad Core processor, powers the servers. Contrary to it GoDaddy provides an option to its customers to either choose Linux and Windows before completion of sign-up process. Core i7 processors server is used by GoDaddy by intel. However, recently a criticism emerged on the uptime of GoDaddy, that resulted in losing customers. Experts are of the view that perfect domain registering services are provided by GoDaddy but hosting services are not up to the mark. Hostgator 1 Cent Coupon is one of the presentation of Hostgator performance.
Verdict: High end performance is provided by Hostgator and is faster as compared to other hosting companies.
- The various Plans & Prices: When it comes to price structure of the companies, there is little difference among each of the company. Three plans are offered by Hostgator including Hatching Plan, Baby Plan and Business Plan. Unlimited domains are provided by Hostgator in its Baby Plan, while in hatching plan unlimited allowance is provided on single domain. Hostgator 1 Cent Coupon is one of the perfect plan by Hostgator. When it comes to GoDaddy Plans the list includes GoDaddy Deluxe, GoDaddy Unlimited and GoDaddy Economy. Deluxe along with unlimited plans includes unlimited Disk space and domains, the economic plan of GoDaddy provide 100 GB disk space and single domain.
Verdict: HostGator provide amazing hosting services at budget friendly price.
- The Control Panel: It is easy to use and includes list of simple features, Cpanel is perfect control panel which people uses. Hostgator uses Cpanel for its processing. While in terms of GoDaddy a choice is provided to the customers, they can select from Plesk and cPanel.
Verdict: HostGator take over GoDaddy, as they use cPanel, which more beneficial for the customers.
- Uptime Report: Hostgator provides you with an uptime of 99.99% while on the other hand GoDaddy provide you with 98% uptime, as per the tests conducted.
Verdict: HostGator is the winner due to 99.99% of uptime.
- The Customer Assistance: When it comes to customer services, Hostgator provide with 24/7 customer services using chat, ticketing system and email. The customer matters are taken seriously by the company and respond to the customers on time. Answers of the questions are provided by live chats in less than a minute. A toll-free number is provided by GoDaddy for getting support from the company. However, various system of customer service is absent like email, ticketing etc. It means that GoDaddy is behind Hostgator. The element of live chat is not always available and work in few areas.
Verdict: With the round the clock live chat and amazing ticketing system, HostGator is the winner in terms of customer support.
Similar services are offered by GoDaddy and Hostgator, however, Hostgator is better than GoDaddy regarding customer support, performance and uptime.